The Brains Network was founded under the name of AfricanBrains in 2009 by managers who have been working in Africa and the Middle East for over 18 years. Since then, it has evolved and expanded the “Brains” brand onto ArabBrains, ChineseBrains & AustralianBrains
The Brains Network is now regarded as a top source of education, innovation, ICT, science and technology news. This news is not only available via the websites but also through e-newsletters, RSS feeds and social media outlets.
In addition, The Brains Network organises high-level summits bringing together government, business and civil society. This underlines the organisation’s overall aspiration to fulfil the need and opportunity for greater public private partnership in education, science and research across Africa, the Middle East and beyond.
Most recent Summits to date are:-
- Innovation Africa 2013 – 15-17 October 2012, Gaborone, Botswana
- Arab Education Summit 2013 – 6-8 May 2013, Jordan, Amman
- Innovation Africa 2012 – 5-7 October 2012, Cape Town, South Africa
- The Southern African ICT for Education Summit 2012 – 26-27 January 2012, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- African Education Summit 2011 – 12-13 July 2013, Rabat, Morocco
- AfricanBrains – www.africanbrains.net
- ArabBrains – www.arabbrains.com
- ChineseBrains – www.chinesebrains.com
- AustralianBrains – www.australianbrains.com