This Dubai-based NPO is committed to empowering people to change their lives and help children around the world through education, healthcare and housing
In the spirit of Ramadan, Kaspersky Lab has partnered with Gulf for Good, one of the leading non-profit organisations in the Gulf. This Dubai-based NPO is committed to empowering people to change their lives and help children around the world through education, healthcare and housing.
During this campaign, Kaspersky Lab will be making a private donation to Gulf for Good against the success of their market-leading products – Kaspersky’s Total Security, Internet Safety and Safe Kids products. Consumers who purchase any of these products can benefit from a discount, while at the same time; part of the revenue from the purchase is donated towards children through Gulf for Good.
Commenting on this partnership, Amir Kanaan, Managing Director for Middle East, Turkey and Africa at Kaspersky Lab said, “The spirit of giving is an inherent part of Ramadan and this partnership with Gulf for Good is a testament to our commitment towards giving back to the community. We are proud that this campaign will help Gulf for Good empower children with the tools needed to navigate and change their lives.”
Jennifer Sault, Operations Manager, at Gulf for Good said, “We at Gulf for Good are dedicated towards creating opportunities that can inspire people to help and support sustainable charity projects for children. We welcome Kaspersky Lab’s private donation in support of working towards these goals.”
Furthermore, during this Holy month of Ramadan, internet users should be cautious when making donations over the internet. Kaspersky Lab experts encourage people to keep in mind the following when making a donation online:
- When you come across links to make a donation online, you should always be suspicious and not click on unknown links.
- If the message appears to be genuine, contact the institution concerned to confirm the donation conditions. If only the institution accepts everything directly, click on the links to make the donation.
- Do not share unverified information with friends and acquaintances.
- Use a robust security solution that provides protection against phishing and fraud attacks. Such solutions prevent the transition to fake sites and prevent cybercriminals from stealing your valuable information.
- Pay particular attention to the URL addresses of the websites where you enter your personal data. Does the address really belong to the website you want to enter your credit card information or to a phishing site?This special campaign will last during the Holy Month of Ramadan and will end on the 10th of June.